Grand Canyon University Useful Information & Admission in 2023
Grand Canyon University (GCU) is a renowned institution offering a diverse array of academic programs for prospective students in 2023. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, GCU provides a dynamic and innovative learning environment, fostering academic excellence and personal growth. The university’s commitment to student success is reflected in its comprehensive admission process, ensuring a seamless transition for those aspiring to join in 2023.
With a focus on holistic education, GCU aims to empower students with the knowledge and skills needed for success in their chosen fields. Explore the opportunities that Grand Canyon University presents for a transformative educational journey in 2023.
Established on August 1, 1949, in Prescott, Arizona, Grand Canyon University (GCU) originated as Grand Canyon College, a nonprofit institution founded by the Arizona Southern Baptist Convention. The university’s inception aimed to provide a faith-based educational opportunity for local Baptists, eliminating the need to travel east for Baptist colleges. Relocating to Phoenix on October 8, 1951, GCU evolved over the years. In 1984, on its 40th anniversary, the institution transitioned to university status, becoming Grand Canyon University. Concurrently, governance shifted from the Southern Baptist Convention to the Grand Canyon University. Board of Trustees, marking a pivotal moment in its history.
Today, Grand Canyon University stands as a private for-profit Christian university with over 100,000 students, offering diverse degree programs through its nine colleges.
- Main Campus (Phoenix):
- Renovated in 2006 with a $150 million investment.
- Features a brick promenade, aquatics center, and café.
- Subsequent 2009 expansion included a 500-bed dorm, a 55,000-square-foot fitness and recreation center, a 125-classroom facility, a food court, and a bowling alley.
- Home to Grand Canyon University Arena, expanded to 7,000 seats in 2014.
- Campus amenities include fast food restaurants, coffee shops, a student union, cafeteria, video game room, and a six-lane bowling alley.
- Campus police department established in August 2016.
- 10 in 2 Initiative (Athletic Facilities):
- Launched in August 2016, aiming to build 10 on-campus athletic facilities in two years.
- Included new facilities for soccer, baseball, softball, tennis, and beach volleyball, as well as sports medicine and equipment room expansions.
- Added practice facilities for basketball and golf, along with a student-athlete academic center.
- In August 2017, GCU’s Phoenix campus was ranked among the “10 Best College Campuses Across America” by Town & Country.
- Accelerated Nursing (ABSN) Learning Sites:
- 2020: Opened first two ABSN locations in Sun City and Tucson, Arizona.
- May 9, 2022: Opened the first ABSN location outside Arizona in Sandy, Utah.
- September 7, 2023: Announced the opening of the 5th ABSN location in Chandler, Arizona.
- September 18, 2023: Grand opening ceremony for the 6th ABSN location in Phoenix’s West Valley.
- Fourth ABSN location situated in Henderson, Nevada.
College Website : Apply Now
Online Application : Apply Now